Database Manager at ELHF
Waverley Gate, Edinburgh / Home Based
£30,401 pro rated (Band 6)
(Rising to £31,800 from April 21)
Part-time, Permanent (30hrs)
Planned Giving Manager
Friday 26th February 2021
Thursday 18 March 2021
Part-time permanent post
30 hours per week
Based: Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation, Waverley Gate
(During the pandemic this post is home based, thereafter there will be the opportunity to work flexibly at home and other sites across NHS Lothian.)
Salary: Band 6 £30,401 pro rata (to increase to £31,800 April 2021)
About Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation
We work in partnership with NHS Lothian and other health-related organisations. Together we enhance the experience of patients, families, carers and staff across Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian and West Lothian. Through the generous donations of our supporters we help to save lives, improve the quality of life, support education, innovation and research.
About the role and you
We are looking for an experienced fundraising Database Manager who understands the important role our database plays in delivering excellent supporter care.
You will create queries, reports and analyse data to inform our activities and planning. You will be responsible for the integrity of the database including importing and exporting data from various sources, ensuring that we are working within regulations and guidelines. Working closely with your fundraising and finance colleagues you will develop and maintain processes that are fit for purpose.
Our database was established 12 months ago and has grown significantly in this time and continues to do so. You will have the opportunity to apply your experience and knowledge to develop our systems and shape our data structure.
As an NHS Charity we have seen a significant growth in our awareness, income and supporter base over the last 12 months. We are at the beginning of our journey as a fundraising organisation and you will be excited about the opportunity to use your skills and experience to establish this role in the organisation.
This is one of several new positions within our newly established fundraising team and we will be recruiting other posts throughout 2021 and 2022. You will be reporting to the Planned Giving Manager and work closely with colleagues throughout the charity and NHS Lothian.
To lead on the development, maintenance and operation of the supporter Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, which underpins a positive experience for all supporters.
To be responsible for all the supporter data including general recording, coding, testing, reporting, monitoring donations, tracking supporter relationships and communications, segmenting data for targeted appeals and communications.
To lead on the co-ordination of data entry, management and analysis for the fundraising team, ensuring that legal obligations and quality standards in data handling are observed.
Working with the finance team to ensure accurate reconciliation of all voluntary income.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject plus relevant experience in a fundraising or marketing environment e.g. database management and marketing.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising.
- Knowledge of Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice and other relevant legislation e.g. Health and Safety.
- Full knowledge of and experience of working within the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Extensive professional experience managing CRM databases (ideally Harlequin, but also Raisers Edge, ThankQ or similar).
- Specialist experience designing complex database queries and reports and run large database imports/exports.
- Experience communicating complex data, analysis or technical information to non-experts.
- Strong IT skills and experience of MS Office and in particular to advanced level in Excel.
- Experience in providing data segmentation to support printed Direct Mail and digital communications (eg eNewsletters).
- Experience of processing Gift Aid, Direct Debit, GAYE claims, bulk email (eg Mailchimp) export / imports, JustGiving or other online giving platforms, WorldPay or other payment system.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to manage several projects and timescales, bringing a fine attention to detail.
- Proactive in keeping up to date with new technologies and platforms.
THIS POSITION HAS CLOSED
We are no longer taking applications for this position. Further information about our Fundraising and Charity recruitment Services.