Digital Engagement & Communications Officer for NHS Lothian Charity
Location: NHS Lothian Charity, Waverley Gate, Edinburgh (Flexible – you will have the option to work at home, in the office or on NHS Lothian sites where appropriate).
Responsible to: Communications & Marketing Manager
Salary: Band 6 (£33,072 – £40,736) Pro Rata
Hours of work: 30 p/week
Closing Date: 11th August 2022
Interview Date: 25th August 2022
We are the official charity of NHS Lothian and the only charity that is dedicated to supporting all its work, all its people and all the families and individuals it cares for.
We work in strategic partnership to invest in research and innovation, enhance experiences and environments for patients and staff, and help to progress better health outcomes for people across Edinburgh, the Lothians and beyond.
Our support empowers NHS Lothian to do more beyond core delivery, creating opportunities, enabling innovation and transforming healthcare for all the communities it serves. Each project, fund, initiative and investment ultimately strengthens NHS Lothian’s ability to improve physical and mental health today, and in the future.
This is an exciting time to join our Charity with the launch our new brand and website and move forward with our ambitious plans for the future outlined in our new 5-year strategy.
Do you have an aptitude for creating inspirational and engaging stories, bringing them to life in a way that motivates others? Do you have tried and tested ways of maximising content to ensure it is seen by as many people as possible and encourages engagement?
As we launch our new brand, we are looking for an experienced Digital Engagement and Communications Officer to help us bring our purpose to life through our digital activities. We have amazing stories to tell, and we want you to help us create and share them.
You should have the right balance between creative flair and a data driven mindset, with experience of testing, analysing and adapting content to maximise reach and engagement. You will also have experience of proactively sourcing and creating engaging content, with the skill to spot an interesting story in raw data, and presenting this in a way that our audiences can relate to.
A strong digital marketing skillset is essential, with experience of paid for digital advertising, creating and editing video, sourcing case studies and taking photographs, managing social media platforms, and using website content management systems to display engaging, optimised content.
We’re looking for a team member who has all these skills coupled with a passion for helping and supporting others and a desire to keep pushing forward to be the best we can be. Is this you?
This is one of several new positions within our newly established Engagement team. You will be reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager and work closely with colleagues throughout the charity and NHS Lothian.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject OR significant relevant experience of digital communications or marketing.
- Member of a recognised and relevant professional body e.g. CIPR, CIM etc.
- Knowledge of GDPR, PECR, Charities Act and other relevant legislation including Health and Safety.
- Experience of developing and delivering digital strategies to deliver growth of awareness and an increase in support for the charity.
- Experience of campaign planning, delivery and reporting across multiple platforms.
- Experience of content development and delivery (copy, video, images, social content).
- Strong digital media skills including experience of paid digital advertising and organic social media posting.
- Experience of copy-writing for print and digital and excellent writing and editing skills including the ability to produce clear, concise copy in accessible English with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience summarising complex issues in a concise and easily understood way.
- Managing and reporting on expenditure budgets against targets.
- Data analysis, management and reporting against targets and KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to build meaningful relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills including database management.
- Excellent communication skills, with an excellent standard of written English, in particular a clear and articulate, persuasive written style.
THIS POSITION HAS CLOSED
We are no longer taking applications for this position. Further information about our Consultancy services into the Not for Profit sector.