Planned Giving Fundraising Officer for Sight Scotland
£27,155 to £30,063
Head of Fundraising
Monday 21st March 2022
Week commencing 28th March 2022
AWS are delighted to be working in partnership with Sight Scotland to recruit their Planned Giving Fundraising Officer. In this role you will lead effective marketing programmes and campaigns for donor growth and acquisition. You will play a key part in accelerating revenue growth in line with their strategy to achieve transformational fundraising in 10 years.
You will lead in the development of an integrated Individual Giving strategy that recruits, retains, and reactivates supporters, maximising their lifetime value and deliver a best in class supporter experience, based on deep insights and data.
You will manage Individual Giving campaigns and work with the Supporter Care Fundraiser to ensure high quality supporter care including responsive and prompt stewardship.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to create a five-year rolling plan for Individual Giving.
- Design, deliver and continually improve multi-channel stewardship journeys for new and existing supporters.
- Manage Sight Scotland’s Individual Giving programme, including planning, liaising with external agencies, data and execution to recruit and develop committed givers and cash donors, using a variety of channels, to build the database as a key way of securing unrestricted income.
- Manage all elements of regular givers, including the reactivation process and communication, upgrades, and the communications and journeys for all regular givers.
- Manage Gift Aid ensuring income through this process is maximised in line with regulations.
- Manage delivery and development of the Sight Scotland lottery as a form of individual giving.
Reporting and analysing and data
- Lead the management of the Raiser’s Edge NXT database to ensure it is effectively and efficiently being used for stewardship, donor care, reporting and analysis.
- Manage data segmentation and profiling for all campaigns and appeals.
- Use Raiser’s Edge NXT and other data management and research tools to assist in data mining and prospect identification.
- Produce in depth analysis of campaigns and appeals, producing income projections and lifetime value modelling and forecasts, ensuring the development of a long- term sustainable income stream.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to report on the identified KPI’s.
- Use insight from previous results to focus on journeys that increase average values and long-term support.
- Contribute to the Board report three times a year.
- Work together with the Relationship and Supporter Care Fundraiser to ensure donations are correctly allocated and appropriately thanked.
- Responsibility for overseeing GDPR compliance.
- Oversee the timely and accurate processing of direct debits and fundraising related finance.
- Work with colleagues across the department to identify and develop case studies for Individual Giving campaigns and donor care updates.
- Work with relevant colleagues and agencies to create engaging copy and design, balancing the need to communicate en-masse with personalised and meaningful content.
- Work with colleagues to drive income through integrated campaigns through digital means, website and other marketing campaigns.
- Manage the creative process for developing campaigns.
- Produce and keep updated all donor thank you copy and donor communications.
Professional experience of:
- Using Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM
- Working with agencies and external suppliers
- Data analysis and insight
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Database management and analysis skills, including the ability to segment data appropriately to create targeted campaigns
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- The charity sector
- Budget planning and financial modelling
- Developing and managing donor journeys and stewardship
- Individual Giving
It is desirable that you will have:
- Membership of the Institute of Fundraising
- Qualification in fundraising
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and at weekends
- You are a member of the PVG scheme (paid for by Sight Scotland).
- You will have a 6 month probation period.
- That you participate in all staff training and development and maintain your own professional development.
- You will wear the appropriate PPE in accordance with current guidance for the role.
- You will follow Sight Scotland’s guidance, policies and procedures relating to your own health and safety and that of colleagues and service users at all times.
What Sight Scotland can offer you:
- Generous pension scheme
- Discounts for Carers
- Access to learning and development opportunities
- Employee Perks through the Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
THIS POSITION HAS CLOSED
We are no longer taking applications for this position. Further information about our Fundraising and Charity recruitment Services.